View the Working with TEXT PowerPoint
Illustrator is a very powerful tool when it comes to TEXT because it allows you to manipulate it as much as you want. You can write on any line that you create, turn it upside down, warp it into any shape, and much more.
There are 2 parts to this project:
- Create the illusion of movement by using 1 letter. You can stretch, warp, change the size, and multiply the text to help create the illusion. For example: Notice how the first example was done by using a variation of the letter B and the second one was done with the letter Z. The idea is that the Bs are flying out from the bottom of the page and the Zs are starting very small and the getting bigger as they curve. Check the drop box for more examples. Requirements: USE 1-3 LETTERS, USE COLOR, CREATE THE ILLUSION OF MOVEMENT, FILL AT LEAST 3/4 OF THE PAGE WITH TEXT.
- Create TEXT THAT TAKES ON IT’S MEANING. What does this mean? Well, it is when the letters/words take on the actual form of what they mean. For example: The shoe is made out of the it’s name, AIR FORCE and the gun is made out of the word DEATH. You can either start with the word and then create the image or start with the image and then figure out what word(s) to use. This portion of the project takes the longest because it is more complex. The first part helps you get comfortable with the tools and manipulation techniques in order to make you successful in the second part. Requirements: CHOOSE A WORD/PHRASE AND HAVE IT’S TEXT TAKE ON THE MEANING OF THE WORD.
- Create the illusion of Movement (very important)
- Use 1-3 letters
- Use color
- Fill at least 3/4 pf the page with text
- Choose a word/phrase and have the TEXT take on the meaning
- Make it have the illusion of 3D
- Make sure that the object is recognizable
- Make the object fill the page as much as possible